H.R.4918 - Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by holdover, Feb 13, 2018.

1. holdover

holdover .308 Win U.S. Military LEO / LEA

H.R.4918 - Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018

Text - H.R.4918 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
    SEC. 2. Findings.

Congress finds the following:

(1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists ( gun owners)are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

(2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.

(3) According to the New America Foundation, since September 11, 2001, 77 Americans have died in terrorist attacks by domestic extremists in the United States. Eighty-nine percent were killed by far-right-wing extremists.

(4) The fatal attacks described in paragraph (3) include—
    (A) the August 5, 2012, mass shooting at a Sikh gurdwara in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, in which a White supremacist shot and killed 6 members of the gurdwara;

(B) the April 13, 2014, mass shooting at a Jewish community center and a Jewish assisted living facility in Overland Park, Kansas, in which a neo-Nazi shot and killed 3 civilians, including a 14-year-old teenager;

(C) the June 8, 2014, ambush in Las Vegas, Nevada, in which 2 supporters of the far right-wing “patriot” movement shot and killed 2 police officers and a civilian;

(D) the June 17, 2015, mass shooting at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina, in which a White supremacist shot and killed 9 members of the church;

(E) the November 27, 2015, mass shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in which an anti-abortion extremist shot and killed a police officer and 2 civilians;

(F) the March 20, 2017, murder of an African-American man in New York City, allegedly committed by a White supremacist who reportedly traveled to New York “for the purpose of killing black men”;

(G) the May 26, 2017, attack in Portland, Oregon, in which a White supremacist allegedly murdered 2 men and injured a third after the men defended 2 young women whom the individual had targeted with anti-Muslim hate speech; and

(H) the August 12, 2017, attack in Charlottesville, Virginia, in which a White supremacist allegedly killed one and injured nineteen after driving his car through a crowd of individuals protesting a neo-Nazi rally, and of which Attorney General Jeff Sessions said, “It does meet the definition of domestic terrorism in our statute.”.

(5) The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism found that right-wing extremists were responsible for 150 terrorist acts, attempted acts, and plots and conspiracies that took place in the United States between 1993 and 2017. These attacks resulted in the deaths of 255 people and injured more than 600.

(6) According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, in 2015, for the first time in 5 years, the number of hate groups in the United States rose by 14 percent. The increase included a more than twofold rise in the number of Ku Klux Klan chapters. The number of anti-government militias and “patriot” groups also grew by 14 percent in 2015.

(7) In November 2017, the Federal Bureau of Investigation released its annual hate crime incident report, which found that in 2016, hate crimes increased by almost 5 percent, including a 19-percent rise in hate crimes against American Muslims. Similarly, the previous year’s report found that in 2015, hate crimes increased by 6 percent. Much of that increase came from a 66-percent rise in attacks on American Muslims. In both reports, race-based crimes were most numerous; more than 50 percent of those hate crimes targeted African Americans.

(8) In January 2017, a right-wing extremist who had expressed anti-Muslim views was charged with murder for allegedly killing 6 people and injuring nineteen in a shooting rampage at a mosque in Quebec City, Canada. It was the first-ever mass shooting at a mosque in North America, and Prime Minister Trudeau labeled it a terrorist attack.

(9) Between January and July 2017, news reports found 63 incidents in which American mosques were targeted by threats, vandalism, or arson.

Domestic Terrorism Bill Targets Patriot Groups and Citizen Militias | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

(

Steal2B likes this.
  2. Grimscale

Grimscale .223 Rem

Oh look, they want a separate office to investigate "domestic terrorism".

Don't we already have a group that does that? one of those ridiculous three-letter groups?

And, of course, they claim it is due to "white supremacists" and "far-right extremists", yet they fail to mention a single incident of "far-left extremists" (I won't get into the "black supremacist" behavior a lot of them seem to be party to).

Mr. Schneider [of Illinois] (for himself, Mr. Thompson of Mississippi, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Mr. Correa, and Mr. Gonzalez of Texas)

holdover likes this.
  3. Phauxtoe

Phauxtoe .338 Win Mag

so much BULLshit and we all know that total is False! islam never gets it due as far as Numbers!

this is an Attack on the First Amendment!

Defilade and SmallGameAddict like this.
  4. SmallGameAddict

SmallGameAddict .223 Rem

Boy oh boy am I glad I don't have to sit in my seat at the House of Representatives while total bs like that is being read, out loud, and introduced into the official record. Pretty sure I'd lose my mind.

96coal449 and Steal2B like this.
  5. wdeister08

wdeister08 .40 S&W

Cite your sources.

Also how is this in an way a 1A attack? :wtf:

6. Steal2B

Steal2B 6.5 Creedmoor

This is a draft from three progressive liberal dems. It is not gonna even make it out of commitee since most staff and enough congressmen will read the bill and not just the title. (Unless Pelosi gets a majority again, then who knows.) This SJLC et al crap is fed to committee all the time.

7. holdover

Lets hope so. just a heads up .

Steal2B likes this.
  8. Steal2B

Steal2B 6.5 Creedmoor

When SPLC, Bloomberg, or Gifford PAC crap is read in to the record by a Congressional panderer, it is essentially in an empty chamber with just the next speaker and the CSpan camera in attendance. The Congressmen are usually working in their office, in meetings, or on the phone begging for money while the self serving read this crap for their targeted base and donors.

SmallGameAddict likes this.
  9. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .338 Win Mag

Look, another FBI intelligence bulletin.

SmallGameAddict likes this.
  10. SmallGameAddict

SmallGameAddict .223 Rem

You mean, like the Hillary Clinton campaign rallies?

11. GOPerfect

GOPerfect .338 Win Mag LEO / LEA

I will agree....

This is definitely an issue of the Violations of the First Amendment.

You either have never read the 1st, or you do not understand the words...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

By tagging these groups at terrorists groups, they will be under even more scrutiny. They would lose their right to assemble. The chance of them being able to address the Government goes out the window as well.

Some of these groups are beyond deplorable, but having a certain mindset should not make one lose their Rights.

12. Robin

Robin .338 Win Mag

More bullshit 'aren't doing a good job' laws that do nothing but further infringe upon the God given rights of all Americans.
    Robin

96coal449 and GOPerfect like this.
  13. wdeister08

wdeister08 .40 S&W

If youre a group that advocates for and harbors violent entities youre a criminal organization. Period. It literally talks about VIOLENCE.

14. GOPerfect

GOPerfect .338 Win Mag LEO / LEA

So they should lose all of theirs rights as citizens?

15. wdeister08

wdeister08 .40 S&W

You join a criminal organization, youre probably interested in criminal activities. Mobsters dont join the mob for the free pastries and Italian culture.

96coal449 likes this.
  16. Darth

Darth .450/400 Nitro Ex

Often time you don't even "join" a criminal organization.

You get "placed" into one with the stroke of a pen.

Is this your first day in NY?

Bigfoot, Defilade, Willjr75 and 4 others like this.
  17. wdeister08

wdeister08 .40 S&W

NY has nothing to do with it. Yeah, I'm sure the Hells Angels are just largely misunderstood with only a few bad eggs ruining the whole bunch. And MS13 is just helping Latino immigrants learn business skills.

The bias is so apparent, and yet most of you cant wait to harp on "liberal bias". Probably just a bunch misunderstood white boys in Charlottesville too, eh?

18. 96coal449

96coal449 .223 Rem

My apologies @holdover. I couldn't read this whole post .... or the whole thread for that matter. It already destroyed the ''feel good patriotism" i had in my thread.

Keep your powder dry ..... in case this passes.....

19. Darth

Darth .450/400 Nitro Ex

Since nobody mentioned Hells Angles or MS13, we'll skip that.

As for Charloettesville, considering they lied about the events from day one, it's a bit hard to tell.

As for being thrown into a group to harm people you disagree with politically, Cuomo actually already did that, so yeah, it does have something to do with NY.

20. 96coal449

96coal449 .223 Rem

NY is the model state for GC lobyists. Cuomo stole that title from Cali.

21. VietnamEraVet

VietnamEraVet 6.5 Creedmoor U.S. Military

But,...I love the cannolis!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    holdover likes this.
  22. Drinkthekoolaid

Drinkthekoolaid .308 Win U.S. Military

Bad examples. And not relevant

99% of people here readily admit and already thought hells angels ms13 etc are bad .

Were talking about something completely different here. We're talking about relatively law abiding good people who become potential criminals just merely because the government doesn't agree with their political views or shopping habbits. If you buy too much food or ammo you end up in a meta data database and categorised as being a potential threat.

Were talking about being categorized as being a criminal by the stroke of a pen, the punch of a keyboard.

Remember in the Obama admin that he specifically singled out veterans as likely groups to be domestic terrorists? I do.

23. Cooolone

Cooolone 6.5 Creedmoor

The "White Supremist" as #1 domestic terror thread is a remnants from the Barack Hussein Obama administration and utterly ridiculous! It clearly ignores the ten's of thousands of gang members who are organized and extremely unlawful groups comprised of untraceable illegal criminal migrants that have breached the countryside and expanded from inner cities. They're organized and proficient at a multiple of felonious endeavors and are a murderous lot... But hey... You know, let's paint a picture, especially of those "militias" so we can characterize and stigmatize them as dangerous so to achieve an agenda! Both Barack Hussein Obama and Hitlery Clinton proclaimed "White Supremist" and militias to be viable threats requiring intervention. Guess the had foreseen the destabilizing effect on society and the socio/cultural aspect of their policies on America... Unfortunately it didn't turn out well for them, although we see lingering flashback like this from the after effects of the massive amount of kool-aid dispensed and consumed by legislators and the public!

:cool:

GOPerfect and Drinkthekoolaid like this.
  24. Saltwater60

Saltwater60 .308 Win

You might want to add a few more amendments onto that. If your labeled as a terrorist group your on a whole new playing field.

Also I don’t like white supremacy, but I do have to say the only reason why they are on the top of the list is because they refuse to label liberals or minority groups and even Islam as a terrorist organization.

25. Willjr75

Willjr75 .450/400 Nitro Ex U.S. Military

Darth I agree with your statements in previous threads. NY'ers make me sick and people like them are why we are losing our rights.

There are people here who agree with being searched illegally because they have nothing to hide. There are people here who have no problems being harassed by law enforcement for the greater good to catch the bad apples. There are people here who could care less about magazine capacities or if a type of gun is banned because they have no use for them and are okay with their bolt, pump, revolver, and 1911.

They make me sick and ashamed to be a NY'er. I don't belong here either.

26. holdover

I would do it more for the food than the money. Do you know what the street value is on good brachoil? I can move homemade Canoli S faster than crack cocaine and almost as addictive. Homemade wine?fagetabottit.

27. holdover

The thing is they don't mention ms13 or hell's angels, gangs in LA or Chicago. They specifically name right wing extremists and throw in white supremacy as if the two are linked. All an extremist is, is someone who will not conform to their views. The negativity associated with white supremacy is huge. Nobody wants to be labeled a white supremacist. Not a conspiracy theorist for that matter. The amount of violence committed by W S. Vs gangs is laughable .

FrankenCub and Saltwater60 like this.
  28. Robin

Robin .338 Win Mag

170601100352-u-s-supreme-court-justices-june-2017-super-169.jpg
    Gorcuch is the tallest, that makes him the white Supremest. I'm sure BLM will get right on it.
    Robin

ProgSpear likes this.
  29. Mr. terzmo

Mr. terzmo .223 Rem

The Right are domestic terrorists...what are the left ? They are conquering the Country with paid criminals called illegal aliens. I think pisslosi,sillybrand,schumeroid,warrenoid and others are communist plants . Their bank accounts/phones should be audited and tapped.

Defilade and 96coal449 like this.
  30. Drinkthekoolaid

Drinkthekoolaid .308 Win U.S. Military

I really thought we were moving away from these stupid categorizations when the Obama /holder regime lost power.

Guess not

:(

Robin likes this.