PLEASE NOTE There is a $60 DEPOSIT upon registration.
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $100 due on the day of the class – CASH ONLY!
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER CLASS!
This course is designed to introduce the intermediate to advanced shooter to transitioning from their primary (carbine or shotgun) to secondary (pistol) firearm. This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to revisit and refresh their skills.
All students must understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals. Experience with working to and from and shooting from a holster, engaging multiple targets, and various shooting positions highly recommended.
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER CLASS! – You must have taken Defensive Carbine AND Defensive Pistol (or equivalent) with OnSight Firearms Training or another reputable training company.
– Range orientation
– Firearms safety
– First aid briefing
– Warm-up drills
– Ready positions
– Accuracy drills
– Engaging multiple targets
– Close quarters engagements
– Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
– Search & scan / situational awareness
– Cover & concealment
– Various shooting positions
-Quality functional long gun/carbine (AR-15 / M4 / AK-47 style) WITH ONE OR TWO POINT SLING.
– Minimum of 600 rounds of brass cased rifle ammunition for AR style rifles, or steel cased ammunition for AK style rifles.
-Minimum of 500 rounds of brass cased pistol ammunition (no steel cased ammunition)
– Belt mounted, dominant side holster. — PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. NO BLACKHAWK SERPA, FOBUS or UNCLE MIKE’S holsters. We recommend Blackpoint Tactical, Dark Star Gear, Black Center Tactical, C&G Holsters, Stealth Gear USA, G-Code, or Raven Concealment. (Please visit our links page https://oftllc.us/friends-links/ for more info).
-Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
-Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
-Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
-Clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather.
-Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
-Earmuffs and earplugs
-Knee pads and elbow pads (optional but recommended)
Had another great day with Ben and the crew. This session enabled us to do transition drills between rifle and pistol that you just can't do on most ranges. Combining movement, reloads, standing, prone and kneeling positions in a full day of transition shooting made me much more confident if I ever had to use 2 guns interchangeably. All the pistol and rifle skills learned in OFT's other classes were put to the test. Met some more forum members there, too.