STRETZ TACTICAL 1 DAY TACTICAL SHOTGUN
Blue Mountain sportsman center
183 Watchhill Rd., Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
This class is an entry level course and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal tactical shotgun instruction or those looking for a refresher class.
Topics covered will include: Shotgun selection and setup, ammunition selection, stance, grip, mounting/presentation, managing recoil, sight alignment/sight picture, patterning, reloads, transitions to pistol (OPTIONAL FOR THOSE BRINGING A PISTOL), select slug drill, ready positions, pivots & turns and more.
** STUDENTS MUST BE CAPABLE OF STANDING LONG PERIODS ON YOUR FEET & RUNNING SHORT DISTANCES**
- A serviceable duty/defensive 12 gauge shotgun - pump or semi-auto with a sling (tactical sling preferred) ZEROED PRIOR TO SHOWING UP CLASS
- AMMUNITION: 50 Slug, 40 OO buckshot, 125 birdshot
- A method for carrying spare ammunition - on the gun, your person or both.
- Eye & ear protection
- Students should bring a lunch. The range hours are limited at this range and we will take a short brake to eat to maximize training time.
- OPTIONAL quality duty/defensive handgun (for transition drills) with 50 rounds, holster and spare magazine w/pouch - No serpa, crossdraw, ankle or shoulder holsters
Other optional items:
- Baseball style hat