Chris Collins (R-NY); Action Required; SECOND AMENDMENT GUARANTEE ACT

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Deplorable Me, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Last night at the Erie County SCOPE meeting we found out Chris Collins has been sandbagging on important 2A legislation.

In the last week of January 2017, several well educated SCOPE members including attorney resources drafted, refined and presented to Collins the "SECOND AMENDMENT GUARANTEE ACT". (50 state equalization of the 2A; civil right.) At that time Collins bragged that he could get a lot of co-sponsors to sign on with him. As of yesterday, Collins has NOT submitted the legislation to congress to obtain a bill number so it could proceed.

SCOPE, Erie County is organizing to call his office today.

Mike Kracker is his chief of staff you'll probably talk to (Erie County).

Contact

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelkracker

Geneseo, NY
    128 Main Street
    Geneseo, NY 14454
    Phone: 585-519-4002

Lancaster, NY
    2813 Wehrle Drive
    Suite 13
    Williamsville, NY 14221
    Phone: 716-634-2324

Please copy and e-mail this to non-forum 2A members.

meketrefe, Celt and Drinkthekoolaid like this.
  2. Drinkthekoolaid

Drinkthekoolaid 6.5 Creedmoor U.S. Military

Remember Collins just stated he thinks he should carry while in Washington or anywhere else.

What's good for him is good for all of us.

Celt and Saltwater60 like this.
  3. Jem45472

Jem45472 .45 acp

Yep he was quoted saying he's going to carry his 9mm at all times now. Tell him to get off his ass now.

Dr. Evil and Drinkthekoolaid like this.
  4. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Make the call:
    [​IMG]

kgun12 likes this.
  5. Mr. terzmo

Mr. terzmo .357 mag

I won't go to My Grandsons school....won't go to a Bills/Sabres/Bison game.....what's the ONE reason...."GUN FREE ZONE"

kgun12 likes this.
  6. cress

cress 22lr

Has SCOPE made the draft of the bill publically available? I can't support it without looking it over first.

MothMan and Phauxtoe like this.
  7. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Collins office will e-mail you a draft.

8. VietnamEraVet

VietnamEraVet .44 mag U.S. Military

I call Bullshit on Collins office doing that! I just tried both his local office, and his DC office. Neither office knows anything about it. Is there a copy on SCOPE's website, or did you get one at the meeting last night? If so please either post it or PM me.

I have also been calling him out at his office because he has not even signed on as a co-sponsor for the National Reciprocity Bill HR38. I'm betting that they will sell us out, and just pass more legislation taking care of themselves by allowing them to carry wherever, and providing for massive amounts of added security,- kind of like what was portrayed in the movie V is for Vendetta.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. MothMan

MothMan .44 mag

SCOPE is trying for national legislation.:ROFL::ROFL: They can't get anything done in NYS! Why the hell should Collins pay any attention to them!

SCOPE is losing members across the state soon to be nothing more than a gun club in WNY!

10. Criticalt

Criticalt .308 Win

None of these gun groups get much done.
    ALL of their time, effort and money should go into lawsuits. Take them all the way to the supreme court.
    As soon as there are HUNDREDS of cases on their desk, the supreme court will have to see a few of them.
    If the supreme court agrees that gun bans and denying 2nd amendment rights is OK, then we know where we stand.
    Either hand in our guns, or obey our laws and follow our founders plans.

11. Vinson57

Vinson57 9mm

SCOPE email message today, says this bill leads to getting rid of UNSAFE. This not said in the OP.

12. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Email came out after the meeting. I'll call one of the writers Monday and secure a copy.

13. Catskillkid

Catskillkid 6.5 Creedmoor

Please do. I would be interested to see what's in it.

Bigfoot likes this.
  14. FrankenCub

FrankenCub .44 mag

No gun group in NY will get anything done. They've all used the NRA as a base model. Garner members, collect millions of $$$ making promises, pay off top ranking salaries, use the rest for bull shit news fliers and web content that will increase the income needed to cover pay raises.

15. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

I talked with the Erie County SCOPE chairman last night. The objective is to get Collins to get off his ass to get the bill introduced so it can be assigned a number. Then the bill once numbered will be posted publicly for review, discussion and debate. Right now the antis can't attack it. The concept is simple, same civil rights, same Second Amendment equal in all 50 states. It will nullify the Snake Act. As is if released, Collins will probably get more calls from the anti groups based upon what I read from the responses above.

SCOPE didn't ask for your membership or money on this one. Won't cost anyone a dime. SCOPE did their part, all they're asking is for people to call Collins to get the bill assigned a number.

FWIW, SCOPE has always been more about mobilizing people for voting and phone calls than membership and money. They make just enough to cover operating costs. Feet and phones. Speaking up and voicing opinions to politicians is just as important as voting on election day. People need to get angry and act before something becomes a problem. Liberals and progressives beat us because we are complacent. The prescription to fix the problem is out there, what you do with it is your decision.

spat, Pale Rider and Fezzik like this.
  16. MothMan

MothMan .44 mag

By the way what is the annual salary of the SCOPE president?? Plus expenses I believe. No longer grass roots now rooted in manipulation and greed.

GOA has helped to introduce NY State Assembly Bill A6805. Probably not going anywhere but it is directed at the NYS Unsafe. So many other states don't need to reprotect the civil rights of their citizen gun owners as they already do. This attempt by SCOPE is in direct competition with GOA.

Here is who you should be calling!!NYS Senate Leader “Too Busy” for Civil Rights | Law and Policy

17. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

.......and then we have those that would that would seek to divide us and diminish our objectives. Unity not division.

18. Bozo

Bozo 9mm

Calling Monday, but I see little chance of a NY rep introducing something like this. I'd prefer to see Collins hand this off to a friendly colleague from a free state who is looking to cement his 2A advocacy. Collins is in the dem's crosshairs. He won't introduce anything "controversial".

Makes you wonder, though. How many reps introduce bills knowing they will go nowhere, just for the political points.

19. spat

spat 6.5 Creedmoor

Any legislative remedy in NY is DOA as long as King Cuomo reigns. Waste of time in that.

Deplorable Me, MothMan and FrankenCub like this.
  20. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Allegedly Collins has the potential of 83 co-sponsors. His talk is good and we're calling him out. He has to be pressured into taking that first step and getting the bill number. The dummycrats have been busting his balls over other issues. He's either with us or next election he's addios. We have to show him we're professional but damn it we mean business and piss on his procrastination.

Under O'Blama anything on the federal level was DOA. This is a new attack on a different level. Hopefully Andy will get trumped. But for this moment in time the ball is in our court.

Jem45472 and Celt like this.
  21. Drinkthekoolaid

Drinkthekoolaid 6.5 Creedmoor U.S. Military

22. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

Time to hound Collins' office! Tell him to get off the pot.

23. kgun12

kgun12 .44 mag U.S. Military

The NRA and SCOPE get bad mouthed here all the time, but it just doesn't matter with that big patulous boil call NY City part of the state voting not to mention the upstate Fudds and big union folks that are so worried they might lose anything at work and less worried about their guns, and Como and the anti's know this and aren't afraid and the NRA and SCOPE can't do shit!!!

masterswimmer likes this.
  24. Acer-m14

Acer-m14 6.5 Creedmoor

whats his bill proposal .. oh it has to be passed before we can see it ..

I bet i can write one a lot better

25. FrankenCub

FrankenCub .44 mag

26. Acer-m14

Acer-m14 6.5 Creedmoor

wont happen with FAUC in office ..
    this has to come from TRUMP and SCOTUS .. FUCK OFF - SHALL NOT INFRINGE!! you CAN NOT MAKE LAW ON MORALS!!! JUST LOCK THEM UP!!!

Congressman Collins stands by pledge to arm himself when necessary

"Yesterday, while in Geneva, reporters asked governor Andrew Cuomo what he thinks about Collins arming himself.
    “No, the answer isn't carry a gun,” he says, “Tone down your rhetoric and act like a leader. And bring people together and stop fanning the flame of hate. The answer is create an atmosphere where you don't need a gun."

FrankenCub likes this.
  27. Acer-m14

Acer-m14 6.5 Creedmoor

ANDY you going to fire your personal NYSP detail now and get all unicorn and huggy and save some tax dollars .. i bet not ...

28. Mr. terzmo

Mr. terzmo .357 mag

This is what SCOPE sent me. Take action as you see fit

saga [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A recent development happened after last night's Erie County SCOPE meeting. Rep. Collins has expressed a willingness to move the Second Amendment Guarantee Act (SAGA) proposed by SCOPE forward to enactment. Please make calls to his office at 716-634-2324 (Buffalo) and 202-225-5265 (Washington, D.C.) Ask for his support, and tell him that we, in turn, will support him.Call Monday June 19,2017

SAGA would be a Federal Law that would use the due process clause of the of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to repeal the unconstitutional SAFE Act.

We must take this direction to destroy Cuomo's SAFE Act. The New York State Legislature is too corrupt to accomplish repeal.
    PLEASE MAKE YOUR CALLS NOW!!!

Frank J. Panasuk
    S.C.O.P.E. BOD Member at Large

29. RayKnobs

RayKnobs .40 S&W

Are you confusing SCOPE with NYSR&P (Tom King)?

30. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .308 Win

IIRC the SCOPE president is compensated now to encourage trips to Albany and time to engage politicians. SCOPE picks up the tab for overnight expenses. The SCOPE board really scrutinizes the expenses and keeps a tight tab on the position. Last year there was a mini-scandal and disagreement over reimbursements. SCOPE immediately asked president to step down. The check and balances of the system worked. Nobody likes scandals, the problem was nipped in the bud. The problem got fixed.