Democrats ask FBI to investigate Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by livingston, Sep 13, 2018.

1. livingston

livingston .450/400 Nitro Ex

Democrats ask FBI to investigate Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over mysterious last-minute accusation dating back to high school by woman who has hired top #MeToo attorney
    • Trump Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh is expected to be confirmed by October 1 when the court begins its next term
    • Top Judiciary Committee Democrat has mysterious letter alleging Kavanaugh of something in high school but she won't show it to other senators
    • Top D.C. #MeToo attorney is believed to be representing the woman at the center of whatever allegations the letter might contain
    • Letter came from someone the woman knows and was sent to a California congresswoman, who shared it with Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein
    • Feinstein got it over the summer but chose this week to publicize it at an inopportune moment for Republicans
    • Fellow Democrat Dick Durbin says they have referred the unspecified matter to the FBI; New York Times reports that it concerns 'sexual misconduct'
    • Justice Department says the FBI has previously vetted Kavanaugh when he served in sensitive government posts in the past
      A Democratic senator said Thursday that she has 'information' about Judge Brett Kavanaugh that she has referred to federal investigators, just a week before the U.S. Senate is scheduled to vote on his nomination to the Supreme Court.

Feinstein is a liberal California Democrat who has called on her colleagues to slow down the march toward confirming President Donald Trump's pick to succeed Justice anthony Kennedy.

She hasn't said what the information is, but reports swirled on the margins of Congress that it concerns a woman whom Kavanaugh knew in high school, decades ago.

The New York Times reported Thursday that sources believe the accusation relates to sexual misconduct. The Times also reported that Feinstein received the letter 'this summer' – meaning she may have held onto it for dramatic effect at an inopportune moment for Republicans.

Debra Katz, a Washington, D.C. lawyer best known for representing women who make '#MeToo'-style accusations against powerful men, is reportedly representing the unnamed woman. Katz was seen leaving Capitol Hill on Wednesday night.

Sen. Dick Durbin, an Illinois Democrat, told the Associated Press that Feinstein's potential bombshell has been referred to the FBI.
    • Brett Kavanaugh hit by 11th-hour mystery letter and MeToo attorney is involved | Daily Mail Online

2. livingston

3. BDinPutnam

BDinPutnam 6.5 Creedmoor Monthly Shot Winner

4. BDinPutnam

Update.

The FBI has *already* declined to open an investigation.

This is a smear and nothing more.

5. C3D

C3D .223 Rem

Of course the Democrats would ask the FBI to help them. They have done it before.

Bushmaster and ArmedCorgi like this.
  6. Grimscale

Grimscale .223 Rem

is there a link to this?

7. Kwalsh

Kwalsh .223 Rem

Just another stall tactic from the dems

8. livingston

BREAKING: FBI Isn’t Investigating Brett Kavanaugh Over Content Of Vague Dianne Feinstein Document

BREAKING: FBI Isn’t Investigating Brett Kavanaugh Over Content Of Vague Dianne Feinstein Document
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has declined to investigate Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over allegations sent to them by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA).

Matt Zapotosky of The Washington Post quoted an FBI official as saying: “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.” He also reported that the agency was not opening a criminal investigation into what Kavanaugh may or may not have done as a high school student.

BDinPutnam likes this.
  9. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .357 mag

10. BDinPutnam

Thanks, @livingston. I first saw it on National Review but couldn't grab the link.

11. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

Sad group of citizens. Very sad. What's next? Are they going to break into his dry cleaners to check the skidmarks on his underwear?

12. SomeSoldier

SomeSoldier .223 Rem U.S. Military

Dems are the type of people to flip the board when they lose at a board game.

Twogunwilly and Duke like this.
  13. Mr. terzmo

Mr. terzmo .223 Rem

Feinstein...shumeroid...warren just can't sink lower one thinks....then this crap....

14. Grimscale

Grimscale .223 Rem

I still insist there be penalties for this blatant attempt at political slander.

Let's start with filing a false report and move on to out-right slander on the part of Feinstein.
    She should immediately resign.

15. BDinPutnam

Eh. I dunno.

Asking FBI to *investigate* (insert here)(based on information douche-i-tician of the day has received) is well within Congress' perogative. As is FBI's decision to decline, theirs.

Not the same as calling your local super troopers and saying you *know* your neighbor has 83 Korean girls in the basement.

Weren't there republicans asking the FBI to investigate Steele, et al, recently?

But I agree with you that Swinestein should crawl into a hole and eat her own bowels. Generally.

16. livingston

17. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .338 Win Mag

WTF kind of eye bags are those? She's a God damned alien, I swear.

18. Doc8404

Doc8404 .338 Win Mag

Just a witch melting.

Bushmaster likes this.
  19. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .338 Win Mag

It doesn't even look anatomically correct!

20. Duke

Duke .45 acp

The Demorat Bureau of Instigation.....

21. Acer-m14

Acer-m14 .338 Win Mag

eye bags of wounder ... wounder when there going to jail me bags ...

22. livingston

Has been photo shopped me thinks .

23. livingston

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault
    Earlier this summer, Christine Blasey Ford wrote a confidential letter to a senior Democratic lawmaker alleging that Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than three decades ago, when they were high school students in suburban Maryland. Since Wednesday, she has watched as that bare-bones version of her story became public without her name or her consent, drawing a blanket denial from Kavanaugh and roiling a nomination that just days ago seemed all but certain to succeed.
    Speaking publicly for the first time, Ford said that one summer in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh and a friend — both “stumbling drunk,” Ford alleges — corralled her into a bedroom during a gathering of teenagers at a house in Montgomery County.
    While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling. She said she ran from the room, briefly locked herself in a bathroom and then fled the house.

Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.
    California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

24. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .357 mag

Ok so if true he was a dick when drunk in high school? Anything else?

25. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .338 Win Mag

It's only okay if you are a democrat.

VietnamEraVet, BDinPutnam and pjzwtl like this.
  26. byron

byron 9mm

what I read was that in july she took a polygraph test and passed it I would like to know how she took the test by the FBI in july if they didn't know about it till Sept.

VietnamEraVet and BDinPutnam like this.
  27. BDinPutnam

If true (a REAL big if, which I don't believe)- there's a gaping chasm between "being a dick" and sexual assault, battery, unlawful imprisonment, and attempted rape.

I think this story is bullshit, but I think bears mentioning.

28. Blimey

Blimey 6.5 Creedmoor

36 years ago something did or didn’t happen and the accuser can’t remember the details clearly (by her admission).

Is this the first anyone has ever heard about it? When he was appointed a federal judge did it come up? Has she any friends or family she confided in over this period?

I find it all doubtful of course. If it isn’t, there is 36 years—his entire adulthood—in which he has remained clean.

Ah, I see she mentioned it vaguely in 2012.

Probably something happened but everyone was too drunk to remember what.

pjzwtl likes this.
  29. Doc8404

Doc8404 .338 Win Mag

According to NPR, the alleged victim is now named and talking. Apparently in 2012 she told her shrink in a session with her husband.
    This isn’t going well.
    If I did half the shit I did 20-30 years ago today, I’d be in jail.

Bigfoot and Blimey like this.
  30. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .357 mag

which unfortunately 50% of the dudes in any HS pull. Wrong ..yes but I’m not willing to judge a man based off of what he may or may not have done as a punk kid.

Doc8404 likes this.