We try to keep the forum rules to a minimum here. Basically, don't be a jerk and everything will be fine. However, there are some basic rules that are needed to keep things working smoothly. These rules are subject to change and all of them must be followed.
Forum Posting Rules
1. No posting about illegal activity. NY Gun Forum is here to discuss the legal ownership and use of firearms in NY.
2. Due to copyright laws, don't paste an entire news article in your thread/post. Grab a relevant paragraph or two, post a link to it, and add your commentary. As a basic safe guideline, copy/paste no more than around 20% of a news article.
3. No racism, hate speech, homophobic talk or otherwise defamatory posts are allowed. It isn't acceptable and it won't be tolerated.
4. Keep profanity to a minimum. Using it occasionally is not a problem. Using it 50 times in a post isn't acceptable. Be respectful that not everyone wants to see it all the time. Do not use profanity in thread titles at all.
5. No threatening users, fighting users, trolling, insulting users, or cop bashing. You can disagree with the actions or posts of someone else without attacking them. These posts will be deleted immediately and action will be taken on the offender. Basically, be respectful.
6. No spam or advertising other forums or your commercial business/products without permission from an administrator. Contact an administrator if you'd like to become a sponsor/vendor. Rates are reasonable and you help the best firearms community in NY.
7. Make sure to post in the proper forum with a proper descriptive title. This keeps everything organized neatly and saves the moderators time. If your thread is not posted in the proper section, or does not have a descriptive title, it may be renamed or deleted. A title like "You've gotta see this !" is an example of a non-descriptive title.
8. Each member may only have one account. If you are found to be using multiple accounts you will be permanently banned.
General Forum Etiquette
9. Stay on topic. If you have something off topic to stay, open a new thread in the proper section.
10. Please report posts that violate any of these rules.
11. If you post anything not safe for work mark the thread NSFW in the title. If it isn't safe for younger children, mark it NSFW.
Our rules are simple. The Classifieds are for individuals, not businesses. If you are a business, please contact an administrator to set up Classifieds permissions. All items listed for sale must be the legal property of the seller listing the item. Please do not list items for sale listed...
Moderators and administrators are given wide latitude in their duties and can edit or delete posts that could be considered damaging to the site. If you have an issue with something, PM a moderator or administrator. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service located here.