.338 Win Mag
Reaction score

phatfarmerbob

.223 Rem
Reaction score
S

stuck in ny

Yes whats a matter with you getting a child out of its safe spot,

Well I have to say as a young,I mean YOUNG child I always went with my Father and my older brother hunting, I loved it sneaking around in the woods just before dawn,The smell,the taste ,the feeling of a COLD fall NY morning. Learning that you actually can see in the dark once your eyes adjust.Just sitting in our special spot listening to the sounds of the woods,until you hear the snapping of the twigs ,the crunching of the snow,the wrestling of the leaves , and you realize something is coming your way. Is it a person,A bear,a dear,A Buck! then you get your gun ready starting to breathe a little heavy . Looking making sure your seeing what you think your seeing.Waiting for it to get in the perfect spot so you know your shot is going to humanly harvest the animal. CRACK ! you take your shot and the dear takes off. Now you wonder did I hit it? Did I hit it in a good spot? I hope I didn't just wound it. You sit there just waiting for what seams like a day, with the adrenaline just racing thru your body like you just got in a fist fight or just got off a roller coaster ride. You get up and head to the spot you ingrained in your head as the spot it was in when you hit it, you get to it hoping to find a good blood trail and there it is , you follow it and there is your trophy Buck bed down with a nice shot in the vitals. Now you pay your respects to the animals, and work on dressing the animal out and hiking it out. this is what hunting is about . Its a great family sport and it stimulates allot of sense we all need to encounter in our life to allow us to mature. I loved to go hunting but as I got older I did not enjoy killing things and I stopped hunting. Hunting is an important part of keeping nature in balance. in a perfect world nature can keep it self in balance, since we have taken away habitat, we have taken away the predators and we need to keep the dear population in balance. Every child should learn to hunt and go out and hunt to feel smell and taste the difference between life and death .

Great job trying to get the kids out there with you. Next season get them out there earlier to find you spots, nothing is better then walking thru the quiet woods of NY to find your special spot,
New York is really a beautify state-as long your in the woods.

Bushmaster

.308 Win
Reaction score