Anyone have an alien gear shapeshift holster

Discussion in 'Handguns - Pistols & Revolvers' started by Saltwater60, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 6.5 Creedmoor

If the classes you are looking at wont let you use your actual every day carry gear (unless you are trying to pull some uncle Mike's shit, and ill joke about alien gear, but for new shooters they are a good way to get into something but honestly should look at others l) then I would try and find different classes even if it means travel.

I've heard of some trainers not allowing appendix (aka Larry Vickers classes) but that I'd because of different proficiency, but to not allow iwb at 3 or 4 o'clock isnt how a class should be run

2. AlienGearHolsters

AlienGearHolsters .177 BB

Hello @minderasr,
    We’re very sorry to hear that you’re not a fan of our product, and we respect your opinion. We just want to take the time to clear up some confusion you may have about the ShapeShift Modular Holster system that led you to feel like it’s gimmicky. The entire ShapeShift system is based around modularity, concealability, and comfort. It’s customizable to suit your draw and carry style, and one shell is able to be transferred to multiple carry positions for that specific gun. To give you a better idea of how you can personalize your carry, visit ShapeShift Modular Holster - Personalize Your Concealed Carry - Alien Gear Holsters Blog.

3. OnSight Firearms Training

OnSight Firearms Training .45 acp NYGF Vendor

Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

Gonzobird and Edwardteach72 like this.
  4. Camaro45th

Camaro45th .40 S&W

No mention of Desantis, I’m curious to know what category it falls in. Not that I have one, just remember hearing things about it a while ago.

5. OnSight Firearms Training

OnSight Firearms Training .45 acp NYGF Vendor

I have found a lot of leather holsters will "collapse" after some time. Meaning the opening will will be difficult to holster into without using a support hand.
    I have one such DeSantis I use as a demo example holster when explaining this in class. They have a shelf life I guess. Always good to keep your gear in check.

Edwardteach72 likes this.
  6. AlienGearHolsters

AlienGearHolsters .177 BB

Hello @Toecutter,
    Thanks for your feedback! We value your opinion, but we wanted to address some misconceptions. It may seem bulky at first glance, but the blog post below shows the dimensions. The addition of the passive retention unit adds no extra depth to the overall shell. In fact, our Shift shells are actually .098" thinner than our finished Cloak shells. With that said, creating each of these shells is no easy or cheap endeavor. Our injection-molding machinery requires teams of mechanical engineers and was a significantly higher investment relative to equipment for thermoformed Kydex holsters.

We make sure that each of our shells pass certain fitment and durability tests before releasing them to the public. You can learn more about the process to create each shell and how it holds up to military grade tests here:

ShapeShift Polymer Holster Designed For Durability - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

7. Toecutter

Toecutter .223 Rem

I wont get a chance to find out you don't make that holster for my primary carry anyway.

8. minderasr

minderasr .223 Rem

No confusion on my part at all, and I've seen the videos. I normally carry OWB at ~4 o'clock. I honestly tried out all the configurations available to me (kit was missing a part (email to support was never returned). None of it worked to my liking.

Edwardteach72 likes this.