Doomsday prepper in his 80s spent 30 years illegally building a secret two-mile system of bunkers

Discussion in 'Prepping, Survival & Security' started by livingston, Dec 5, 2017.

1. livingston

livingston .338 Win Mag

• A Utah man in his 80s spent more than 30 years building four cabins and underground bunkers outside of the ski town Brian Head
    • 'His only intent was to defend what he had there if the end of the world was to come,' Iron County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Del Schlosser said
    • The illegal bunkers were only discovered after a wildfire burned two of the cabins this summer
    • The man lives in the town of Parowan about 20 minutes away and is cooperating with investigators
    • In addition to the homemade cabins and bunkers, Schlosser said the man also had stashed weapons and other items in barrels and trash cans in the woods
    • The man's hideouts and supplies were scattered across eight locations within about a 2-mile radius

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5137969/Utah-man-fearing-doomsday-spent-30-years-building-bunkers.html#ixzz50Np4pXX8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. C3D

C3D .357 mag

What's his screen name?

3. GOYABEAN

GOYABEAN .338 Win Mag

:cool: :salute: Making America Great :flag:

4. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .338 Win Mag

His bunkers weren't "illegal", they just weren't government approved. People in hurricane areas should learn to prep so well. As far as the fires go, must of been propane to his lawn sprinklers.

Moral of the story, only test your propane sprinklers in the rainy season.

I swear, I never met the guy.

GOYABEAN and Cooolone like this.
  5. Cooolone

Cooolone .223 Rem

Illegal because nobody "knew" about them (permits)?

Duh!?!?

If they were filed in govt forms, what good would the bunkers be? I'm sure the Gov't bunkers aren't on paper and most govt facilities aren't even allowed on Satellite photos either. So what's the point? It's just more of the Ol' "we can" but "you can't" Gov't bullshit! Fuck them!

Celt and GOYABEAN like this.
  6. Catskillkid

Catskillkid .308 Win

Agreed. Probably the only reason they were illegal was he didn't get any permits (which kind of makes the point of them being secret moot). Unless he was infringing on someone else's property he really didn't do anything wrong in my book.

Drinkthekoolaid and Celt like this.
  7. Airborneguy

Airborneguy 6.5 Creedmoor LEO / LEA

His structures were illegal because he did it on public land.

Greywolf224 likes this.
  8. Robin

Robin .308 Win

Leave him the fuck alone, he didn't hurt anyone.
    Robin

9. Exonautic

Exonautic .223 Rem

I read this article a couple days ago. This is what i figured. Thats pretty much the only reason i could see him catching flak for this.

10. Deplorable Me

Deplorable Me .338 Win Mag

He was probably single too.

11. Podmonkey

Podmonkey .338 Win Mag Monthly Shot Winner U.S. Military

Wasn't there a movie like this? Bank robbers bug out to the woods, run across an unhinged survivalist that has a tunnel network criss crossing everywhere. Guy starts colecting the robber's skulls.

12. Acer-m14

Acer-m14 .308 Win

if its public land and my tax $$$ went to it WTF can't i have a bunker there .. LOL ..

" 30 years building four cabins and underground bunkers outside of the ski town Brian Head"

should look into squatters rights / laws .. he may just own that section of land now ..

FrankenCub likes this.