Introduction, welcome.

Discussion in 'Fortress' started by FCG LLC, Feb 3, 2018.

1. FCG LLC

FCG LLC Training Entity NYGF Vendor

Hello,

We are Fortress Consulting Group, based out of Hawthorne, NY
    Our training division's primary focus is helping shooters develop that mindset necessary to win a gun fight.

We believe that the will to win supersedes all other aspects of firearms training, including training and gear. Consequently, while we place a serious emphasis on firearms shooting proficiency and gun handling, we believe what happens in our heads and between our ears is a more significant determinant than the gun / knife / ammo / holster / light / spare magazines we carry.

A few of our cadre have been shot at, have shot at people, have been stabbed, detained, been caught flat footed without guns (the law, or our own previous naivety), and are still alive and have learned from those chaotic instances. We would be remiss to think that our experiences encapsulate that broad spectrum of possible scenarios of "what ifs". We recognize that learning and training and honing the edge is an ongoing, relentless process.

If you have questions, hopefully we'll be able to rustle up an answer for you.

Thank you,
    Andrew

Celt and NYGuns like this.
  2. NYGuns

NYGuns Administrator Staff Member Administrator Yearly Shot Winner

Welcome to NYGF and thanks for supporting the club by becoming a vendor!

Doc8404 likes this.
  3. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

Welcome to NYGF.

FCG LLC likes this.
  4. GOYABEAN

GOYABEAN .450/400 Nitro Ex

FCG LLC likes this.
  5. Celt

Celt .308 Win

Hey Drew, long time no see man. Glad to have you around.

FCG LLC likes this.
  6. Podmonkey

Podmonkey .450/400 Nitro Ex Monthly Shot Winner U.S. Military

Hello! Nice to see training orginazations coming aboard. Do you hold any training events outside NY?

FCG LLC likes this.
  7. Saltwater60

Saltwater60 .338 Win Mag

Seems like a cool training, but why is all the good shit so far away. I’m in Buffalo. All the good shit for sale and trainings are far far away.

S&W Fan, Doc8404 and FCG LLC like this.
  8. FCG LLC

Pod, we are not going to piss down your back and tell you it's raining. In short, this year - no. For all of 2017 all of our team was all over the map retraining, or working on security/firearms related matters. Our goal is to spend 2018 working out the kinks we know are there from that hiatus.

That could change - if we get the call, and the participants are motivated, we WILL travel.

Podmonkey likes this.
  9. FCG LLC

Saltwater60,
    15 + years ago when I got the training bug I had to go many miles for mediocre training :banghead:. Thankfully, today a lot of those mediocre places have been replaced mostly by guys and institutions that know how to teach, how to assess, how to run classes. If we are ever up in your slice of NY, I'll be sure to post it in the forums.

10. FCG LLC

Thanks!! This has been a while in the works. Despite our best laid plans, sometimes life throws curveballs at us.

11. FCG LLC

Hi Celt,

Been a while indeed. Disclosure: I am the primary person that posts from this account. When it's one of my other staff, they will say so. For the most part they will create their own threads, and answer questions as they come up in that thread - until we figure out if they are going to create their own accounts here.
    Sometimes I am away from the store and leave excellent people to keep the circus running! :)

Celt likes this.
  12. FCG LLC

I assume it's ok with staff - whenever we do classes for new shooters /permit applicants, we are going to hand out NYGF's URL and encourage them to sign up. If you all see a slew of "newbies" up in here, please go easy on them, they are most likely NOT DNC plants, just ordinary folks like you and me who woke up one day with the dawning realization the federal and state government is never too far away from chaos.

Andrew.

Podmonkey and Celt like this.
  13. alistair

alistair .45 acp

Welcome Andrew, hope to shoot with you again sometime soon.

14. HEX

HEX Adminiraptor Staff Member Administrator

So glad to see you finally made it on with us ! I really am.

Either way is fine of course and fully up to you as this section is all yours. Just as reminder though, as part of your vendor status we will absolutely add the vendor tag to any of your staff's accounts and give them exactly as much posting and moderation ability as you wish. We could set their user titles to FCG LLC Staff (or something like that).

ok ? OK ? That's amazing ! I will talk with my partners about providing you with promotional materials. I'd send them to you right now except we don't currently have any produced. We've had singular runs of flyers for a specific purpose/event, but we don't have any stock of promo materials on hand. We've had businesses willing to display business cards or whatever, but we haven't gotten around to it (probably because we are very much a self-funded operation). It's something we've been talking about though (since the start) so maybe this will get us off our butts on it.

15. FCG LLC

Alistair!
    Always a pleasure to hear from you sir.

Soon as it gets warm, I hope.

16. MikeyCNY

MikeyCNY .223 Rem Monthly Shot Winner

The "Get Directions" on the website doesn't work.. you're probably too far for me though. :(

17. Celt

Celt .308 Win

Hes located in Westchester New York.

18. alistair

alistair .45 acp

Andrew; - You going to be holding any classes soon?