Sig P226 RX

Discussion in 'Handguns - Pistols & Revolvers' started by alistair, Jan 12, 2018.

1. alistair

alistair .45 acp

Anyone shot the Sig P226 RX (the P226 with Romeo1 red dot sight) ?

I have been thinking about buying a P320 RX, then came across these replacement slides for the P226.
    Sig Sauer Caliber Conversion kits-with Romeo 1 reflex sight, Gun Kit Up to $39.01 Off w/ Free S&H — 2 models

I have a P226 Stainless Elite which I love to shoot.

The new slide with Romeo1 sight would provide a different shooting experience without having to notify NYS, FUAC !
    However, the price is a little steep, and for a few hundred more I could just buy a new P320 RX.

Thoughts?

Defilade and Podmonkey like this.
  2. Podmonkey

Podmonkey .450/400 Nitro Ex Monthly Shot Winner U.S. Military

Sounds like Sig is offering the RX thing on all their models. I think its a good deal in any model. You just have to decide if you'd rather have a poly striker gun or a hammer alloy gun. I think you should go with the option that is not, or at least less, represented in your current collection.

3. Phauxtoe

Phauxtoe .338 Win Mag

i want an RX slide for the SP2022!

4. MikeyCNY

MikeyCNY .223 Rem Monthly Shot Winner

Not much to contribute except to say I've had my eye(s) on a P320 Rx since they came out. There were a few online sales earlier this week for around $680 shipped, which is the lowest I've seen them. (regular price is $800+)

When I get my tax refund this spring, I'm thinking of either a P320 Rx, M&P Compact (though I already have an M&P fullsize and a Shield), a Hudson H9 (though really pricey!), or something else that hasn't been announced yet. Maybe the Ruger Pistol-Caliber Carbine..

I visited Runnings earlier and handled a P320 for the first time. The Compact fit in the hand well, trigger wasn't bad. I made the required joke about not dropping it.

5. Podmonkey

Podmonkey .450/400 Nitro Ex Monthly Shot Winner U.S. Military

Send the slide out to be milled for an rds. Seems to be a common service now days.

Edwardteach72 likes this.