House passes concealed carry gun bill in win for GOP and NRA

Discussion in 'General Firearm Talk' started by zorro, Dec 6, 2017.

1. zorro

zorro .177 BB

http://politi.co/2k2yqC7

So, what’s next ..........does it need to go to the senate for final approval..?

"It uses the power of the federal government to import the law in the one state into another state so that New York would have to allow concealed-carry permits approved in Texas, even if Texas has no standards whatsoever."

2. HighlandLofts

HighlandLofts .357 mag

I urge every one of you to call your representitive on HR38 for them to fully support it.
    Phone calls and e mails really help.

3. FrankenCub

FrankenCub .223 Rem

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:My reps don't think we should own slingshots. If every voter in the state told them to support it they will still vote NO.

timboy, MoMan, Criticalt and 6 others like this.
  4. kev74

kev74 .308 Win Monthly Shot Winner

Chuckles and Gili-no eyebrows-brand won't be swayed by calls and letters? Say it ain't so!

5. Exonautic

Exonautic .223 Rem

unfortunately as New Yorkers we are capable of doing nothing in the case of the senate pushing this bill through unless we start calling out of state senators.

Edwardteach72 likes this.
  6. Cooolone

Cooolone .223 Rem

NY is a special brand of politics... Even if passed, they will fight it all the way to the SCOTUS with little doubt! In the mean time, someone in NY (visiting) would become the lab rat and once arrested will also have to fight and not take a deal... And probably when my grandkids (don't have any currently) grow old, some BS decision will be made about their Rights, whereas the privilege of driving from State to State goes on with little notice or fanfare!

7. Podmonkey

Podmonkey .338 Win Mag Monthly Shot Winner U.S. Military

This was passed with the "fix NICS" portion attached?

8. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

I believe so. I'm also wonder what other amendments it had riding along. IE bump stocks are super deadly after being used only one time ever in a crime so let's ban them amendment

9. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

Even if someone became the "lab rat" the way the bill is written NY would be paying them all that money back

10. Saltwater60

Saltwater60 .308 Win

While I'm happy to have it it also sets presidence for the Feds to play in gun laws. Right now we're good, but what about when the control flips and the dems are in control of everything. What could they do because this was implemented. I don't know I'm a bit scared for the future. If this goes through I'm going to NYC with my gun just to say I did it.

11. Willjr75

Willjr75 .338 Win Mag U.S. Military

12. eagleridge357

eagleridge357 .223 Rem

What, no anti-NRA wisecracks yet?

13. Onegunnotenough

Onegunnotenough .40 S&W

I don't see what all the fuss is all about. We didn't win anything, yes, its nice it passed the house,but it needs to be passed into law, so now on to the senate. It has a slim to none chance unless backroom deals can be made, as of now it will fall short, so keep ur fingers crossed. This will be incredible if it passes. But its a near impossible climb, so lets be real about it.

14. Onegunnotenough

Onegunnotenough .40 S&W

does anyone know when the senate will take this up? Is it now, or in a month, year?

15. BuffNiag

BuffNiag .38 Special

I think we need a few more threads for this topic.

16. Phazer

Phazer .308 Win

.....ever?

17. Exonautic

Exonautic .223 Rem

They're already trying to accomplish that, so ccr or not, if they hey control expect an assault weapons ban to be shoved down our throats.

18. ManrisFrack

ManrisFrack .45 acp

Right after the lab rat brings a second lawsuit (that will also have to climb the court system to find a just ruling) to force compliance.

19. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

What lawsuit, the bill specifically states the state would have to pay

Willjr75 likes this.
  20. ManrisFrack

ManrisFrack .45 acp

And if you think NY will pay up without a fight, you're not paying one lick of attention.

eagleridge357 likes this.
  21. Willjr75

I don't know why people don't just read the bill before making assumptions.

22. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

Are you guys not reading the text in the Bill?
    Screenshot_20171207-102605.png

Defilade and Willjr75 like this.
  23. ManrisFrack

ManrisFrack .45 acp

I don't know why you think that NYS will willingly abide by this law? The fact that they still convict people of mere possession of a handgun without a license shows that they have zero respect for federal rulings or laws.

24. Willjr75

Besides the 2A which is ignored there is no federal law about reciprocity for possession of a handgun.

Phazer likes this.
  25. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

This statement about possession if a handgun and federal law makes no sense

REF likes this.
  26. ManrisFrack

ManrisFrack .45 acp

Guys, this has been beat to death before. Heller specifically mentions, and subsequently protects, possession of handguns in the home. Our state law still says that possession is illegal ANYWHERE. Permits merely provide an affirmative defense against this. They cherry pick indictments and pleas so that the blatant unconstitutionality of this is never challenged.

Back to my point - if you think NYS will go along with this without fighting tooth and nail, you're naive.

ETA: Suppose they bring some poor schmuck up on charges and he eventually wins at SCOTUS. The state will probably be ordered to pay as part of the decision. But what happens if the state decides not to pay? If the schmuck doesn't keep up the legal pressure there's a real chance that money never shows up.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  27. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

I mean, one could take that text to include that even your home state may not deprive you. If that is the case, I see a way for people to sue their judges over restrictions Etc. and win. So with so many states with different laws, the question becomes a matter of what is the standard? Unless I missed where it said you are bound by the regulations of your home state regardless if they are more or less restrictive than the state you are visiting, and other states simply have to oblige you and honor your permit and the laws of your along state with it.

28. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

Cuomo already said he was going to sue if they pass it . So the fuck what, just because he sues doesn' stop the law from being the law until it is eventually picked up by a court and they put a hold on it which that isn' going to happen for just one state, and then finally a court rules that the law is not a law or is a law.

In the mean time if signed by the potus and once it takes affect guess what that's the law again until a court decides if they want to hear the case or not and then has a ruling, then come the appeals

29. @thewheels

@thewheels .45 acp

Let him sue. Water under the bridge by that time. If this passes the senate.

30. Edwardteach72

Edwardteach72 .357 mag

That's what I am trying to say