Looming north korean threat

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Drinkthekoolaid, Feb 10, 2017.

1. livingston

livingston .338 Win Mag

2. meketrefe

meketrefe .308 Win

That would be cat fight to watch! ... I think trumps toupee might jump in to join the fight!

3. meketrefe

meketrefe .308 Win

Canned water? Such waste!

[​IMG]

Jem45472 and 4excal like this.
  4. Arjuna

Arjuna 6.5 Creedmoor

5. spat

spat .308 Win

The difference is where the line is drawn.

An attack on a US territory is something that *must* be responded to. If Kimmy nuked Guam, it's not like we would waffle about the response like Obummer did in Syria.

6. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

It would still be "Trumps fault" in the eyes of the left and media.

prambo, Blimey and spat like this.
  7. GuyMontag

GuyMontag .45 acp

Vinson, 20 years ago I'd be in agreement, but it appears 2017 is the year the Chinese have finally realized their rabid dog needs to be put down. If the shooting does start, the North Koreans are going to find themselves on their own.

The Chinese own nearly 30% of US Treasuries, endless US assets and companies, and need markets as much as we crave their slave labor goods. Making war is beyond bad for business, particularly if you've got a billion plus people to feed domestically.

prambo likes this.
  8. livingston

livingston .338 Win Mag

Products Flying Off Shelves At Army Supply Store As Shoppers Prep For ‘World War III’
    ROYAL OAK (WWJ) – As the rhetoric ramps up over North Korea and nuclear weapons, the cash registers have been ringing at a local Army Supply store, where some are apparently prepping for a third World War.

Ben Orr, the manager of Joe’s Army Navy in Royal Oak, says he’s been selling a lot of “prepper items” over the past week or so.
    Products Flying Off Shelves At Army Supply Store As Shoppers Prep For 'World War III'

9. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

Might be time to build a faraday cage. This guy seems to know what he's talking about.

10. Arjuna

Arjuna 6.5 Creedmoor

11. NY Chamorro

NY Chamorro 9mm

I not sure how many, if any, of you know that I'm from Guam. ( its in my username) I have 2 grandkids, a daughter, 2 sisters, and my mother living on Guam. My wife's whole family still lives there. I hope that this FAT ASS KIM realizes he can't win and decides to have a massive heart attack and DIES!!!

12. livingston

livingston .338 Win Mag

Our prayers are with you and your family. I have friends that are from S korea with family still on the mainland .This could get a lot worse than anyone understands . The entire S.E. Asia could be involved .

Doc8404, prambo and ArmedCorgi like this.
  13. NY Chamorro

NY Chamorro 9mm

Thanks and same to you and your friends.

ArmedCorgi likes this.
  14. Snappo

Snappo 6.5 Creedmoor

I don't think anything will happen over there; but maybe it's time for your family to come Stateside for a visit?

From a blame perspective, there is a lot to go around. USSR sold NK nuclear power plants in the 60s, rebuilt them in the 70's, and built them cyclotrons in the 80's. I believe Clinton built them a pair of light water reactors in the 90s. Clinton did something to get around Congress; but I don't really remember much about that. I do know he was supposed to give them a shit ton of oil while their old plants were shut down and the new ones were being built; and that when Bush stopped the flow of oil they started their nuclear stuff again. I have also read that Clinton knew they were always cheating on enriching uranium and he executed a well designed cover-up to hide Americans and Congress from finding out. It's almost as if Clinton and Obama had an agenda to get nuclear arms to North Korea and Iran so they could start WW III.

15. Blimey

Blimey .223 Rem

I would visit Guam right now. Fatty Kim will not do anything to it. Preemptive attack from NK is out of the question and if he responds to a preemptive he will have bigger things to worry about off his shores.

Pale Rider likes this.
  16. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

From what I gather, NK is talking about launching missiles (nuclear tipped or not) towards Guam but not to hit Guam. They will land 15 to 25 miles away from Guam. To me this is still unacceptable and should be answered with an overwhelming response. If America is not to be messed with, then America needs to make it perfectly clear, whether it's popular with the rest of the world or not, that you DO NOT threaten it in any way what so ever. Other countries will get the message and we can regain our standing and credibility.

Pale Rider likes this.
  17. Blimey

Blimey .223 Rem

ah... makes sense. I had read that and figured I had misread it.

It is not worth debating about whether the us will or should (yes to both) respond to an attack on Guam but a "fake" like that would be interesting. I am pretty sure if they send missiles 2000 miles and land in the water 25 miles off Guam whatever site launched those missiles will be removed within a matter of hours. And if they attack get a missile to hit land the response will devastating.

I don't see them truly playing chicken like that.

18. prambo

prambo .308 Win U.S. Military

May your family be safe, as well as of all the people of Guam.

Kim is nuts like Hitler and Stalin and, increasingly appears to need to be dealt with as firmly as possible.

19. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

I do. Their objective would be to actually show the US they can hit whatever target they want, instead of sending a missile up and down into the sea of Japan for analysts to decide and argue over the range of the missile. It would be a literal "shot across the bow". This is unacceptable and shouldn't be happening to US forces be it an Iranian gun boat playing games with our ships or NK testing missiles by shooting them towards our territories and bases. These kinds of aggressions should be dealt with harshly and swiftly so as to leave no doubt in our enemies minds.

20. prambo

21. livingston

livingston .338 Win Mag

Donald Trump Wins Round One with North Korea
    The mainstream media are aghast at President Donald Trump’s comments on North Korea as he promises “fire and fury” and warns that American military solutions are “locked and loaded.”
    The political elite, and the foreign policy establishment, oscillate between bitter scorn and sheer panic at his tactics. But one does not have to be convinced of Trump’s rhetorical genius to note that he has already re-framed the conflict in a way that is advantageous to the U.S.

First, Trump has radically changed the costs of a potential conflict, for both sides. The dominant paradigm of nuclear face-offs is mutually assured destruction (MAD), which is why the Soviet Union and the U.S. never attacked each other during the Cold War. Most of the discussion about North Korea has followed the same pattern, because of the threat of ICBMs to the U.S. mainland. After Trump threatened to annihilate North Korea, however, Kim Jong-un threatened to attack … Guam. Trump doubled down, indicating that a North Korean attack on Guam would trigger an attack against the regime. That shifted the costs of a war radically in our favor and against theirs.

Second, it is noteworthy that the North Korean threat to Guam did not refer to nuclear weapons, but rather hinted at conventional missile strikes. There is no way to know for sure that the regime would not use nuclear weapons, if indeed the North Koreans can miniaturize them, but a conventional attack is certainly less serious than a nuclear one. In threatening the most violent possible attack, Trump elicited a response that is significantly less threatening.
    Update: Fourth, the Chinese government is now indicating that it will not defend North Korea from a retaliatory strike if the regime attacks the U.S. (which includes Guam). The Global Times, which reflects the view of the Chinese government, indicated that China would stop the U.S. from trying to overthrow the North Korean regime but would not defend North Korea if it struck the U.S. first. That is a significant change from the status quo ante.

The situation remains unstable, and could escalate. But Trump’s rhetoric is not, as former Obama adviser Susan Rice claims, the problem. In fact, it is part of the solution. It has, at the very least, restored some of our deterrence

Donald Trump Wins Round One with North Korea - Breitbart

Bigfoot likes this.
  22. Snappo

Snappo 6.5 Creedmoor

Maybe it's like the Peter Sellers movie "The Mouse That Roared"? We take over North Korea and then they want us to pay for them to live like Westerners. Paved roads, pizzerias, hamburger joints, 2 cars in every driveway, electric all over the place, etc.

The Mouse That Roared (1959) - IMDb

23. Snappo

Snappo 6.5 Creedmoor

I don't see why he would even want to attack Guam. Tiny little island that's like 5 miles wide by 20 miles long. Population is a hair more than an SEC football game. More people die in a month in USA from old age than the entire population of Guam. It would be like threatening to fuck up Martha's Vineyard or Block Island; or threatening to kill your neighbor's cat with a bazooka. WTF?

24. FrankenCub

FrankenCub .44 mag

Right now, this pretty much describes the whole NK situation.
    DTvsNK.jpg

prambo likes this.
  25. ArmedCorgi

ArmedCorgi .308 Win

He threatens Guam because there is a military base there that houses bombers which could attack him. It's a US territory but not the actual US mainland. To attack it would, in his mind, send a message, but not be as severe as attacking the US mainland. It would be a show of what his capabilities and resolve are.

prambo likes this.
  26. Snappo

Snappo 6.5 Creedmoor

I wonder why he doesn't seem interested in fucking with our dozen Army bases in South Korea like USAG Yongsan? Just all spooled up about Guam. When I was at Clark AFB (which was not a small base, mind you) I remember Subic Bay (North Luzon about 90 minutes from Clark) was like the premier place to get our ships and subs repaired. There is no way he is afraid of the Philippines and South Korea but not afraid of USA. That's insane.

27. masterswimmer

masterswimmer .223 Rem

China's change in stance was incredibly strategic. They virtually ended any threat of war there.

Consider this.....

There is absolutely no reason or benefit for fatty to preemptively attack Guam or even SK. China has stated they will support the US if NK attacks first. Obviously NK can't allow their #1 ally to 'defect'. Result, no war.

Conversely, a US preemptive strike on NK would push China to strategically support their ally NK. The US does not want China getting involved in this capacity. The amount of force it would require to win this type of war would suddenly escalate geometrically. The damage to our troops, SK troops, SK infrastructure, our economy stateside, Japan, etc could become enormous. The US would not be viewed favorably worldwide in a preemptive strike.
    Result, no war.

Overall result, no war, NK proceeds with their status quo testing and advancement of ICBM's and nukes and the verbal rhetoric between Trump and fat boy continues unfettered.

China wins all the way around. Brilliantly played.

28. Drinkthekoolaid

Drinkthekoolaid .308 Win U.S. Military

29. Frankly

Frankly .223 Rem

We should do some Atomic bomb tests, to Hell with the old treaties.

Not only would NK get the message, shitlibs would go nuts and Trump's base would love it.

And frankly they need to be tested anyway because they're forty years old and rusty. I'd like to know my nuclear deterrent is still working.

Same for the beamed weapons and Star Wars stuff, let's have a parade and show off a little.

I love that Trump is calling his bluff after 30 years of pussypresidents.

Bigfoot and prambo like this.
  30. prambo