Big Game Season 2018

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by BDinPutnam, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

First archery season. First shot at ANY deer EVER. Deer meat coming home to the freezer soon. So far, I'm batting 1000. I've taken 100% more deer with a bow than a gun.

2. Yeti

Yeti .40 S&W

Im no newb to hunting,got a couple nice ones on the wall.I just dont agree with bow season before gun thats what started it all.Give the gun guys first crack at them so we can actually put them down in there tracks instead putting out the wounding machines first to decimate the population with less than 50% kill rates.And aint no gun hunter getting 2 or 3 chances at a buck then,but bow hunters yes multiple sighting and chances to wound them.Legal now to hit/wound twenty and if you dont find them go for number 21.

3. ManrisFrack

ManrisFrack .357 mag

No, and no. You're just being an asshole now.

4. MilesTeg

MilesTeg .308 Win U.S. Military

I've been trying to stay out of this one but I figured I would remind you guy about this thread.

Mandatory Antler Restriction

Hes all about trophy hunting and thinks the king should decide what you shoot on your own land. Hint hint it's only trophy deer with a gun. No meat hunting.

5. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .44 mag

This is why we’re fooked in this country, it’s filled with whiny bitches

6. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

Where does it say that a gun is more accurate than a bow? I would hazard a guess that there's some bow (and crossbow) hunters that could put gun hunters to shame. If you're so pissed off that there's bow hunters out there only "wounding" deer, then get a bow, become proficient with it, and get your big buck before everyone else does.

redtail likes this.
  7. BDinPutnam

BDinPutnam .308 Win Monthly Shot Winner

IDGAF if you are hunting gun or bow, if you are "wounding 20 and going out for 21" you shouldn't be hunting.

Do you share a camp with Steyr?

I will be out with crossbow and shotgun. The goal is meat- harvested on my property- for my family. There are a couple of bucks I would like to take but guess what?

Doe tastes better anyway.

8. Yeti

Yeti .40 S&W

Bow hunters dont seem want the leftovers after gun season,but gun hunters are expected to be happy with leftovers of bow season Hypocritical aint it?

9. BDinPutnam

Not really.

Buy a bow.

If I have a tag left I will be out for late muzzle too.

10. Yeti

Yeti .40 S&W

Back on track,here is a nice buck killed killed locally yesterday or this morning by a lucky bow hunter.There all not wounders,looks like he made a helluva shot and a once in twenty year buck or even a lifetime for most.My step kid had this on trail camera where he hunts and the property owner next to him got it (11 point)

Image-1.jpg

11. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

Make sure you tell him how "lucky" his shot was.

redtail, pjzwtl, BDinPutnam and 2 others like this.
  12. Blimey

Blimey 6.5 Creedmoor

You were already told that recovery rates and wounding rates are similar for bow, crossbow, and gun. So, conclusion you're deliberately trolling now.

Twogunwilly likes this.
  13. Blimey

Blimey 6.5 Creedmoor

You are sounding more like a whiny bitch with every post.

Get off your donut eating ass next summer and figure out how to send arrows down range. Or, keep spending your free time watching TV, 30 min sighting in your rifle once each season, and sit in the woods fuming about how those archery hunters had all the deer, and that you're the "real" hunter.

Twogunwilly, pjzwtl and BDinPutnam like this.
  14. NirvanaFan

NirvanaFan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Not really. Bowhunting is a lot about patterning deer and getting close to them. That becomes much harder later in the season after the rut. Ever notice how once the orange army goes into the woods on opening day of firearms season, deer patterns change dramatically? They don't do that after the bow opener. Having the bow season after firearms season would make things all but impossible for bow hunters. The reverse isn't true.

15. Robin

Robin .338 Win Mag

images.jpeg
    You can't really be that stupid. So what bridge do you live under.
    Robin

16. BDinPutnam

So with those "nice ones on the wall"

What did you do with the meat, the hide, etc?

Just curious.

17. Airborneguy

Airborneguy .308 Win LEO / LEA

Catch me over on city-data if any of you are members. I use the same name. We have a slow guns and hunting section I'm hoping to help grow. Hope to see some of you there! Keep up the good fight!

18. dubleuhb

dubleuhb 6.5 Creedmoor

19. Carlos Hathcock

Carlos Hathcock .308 Win

Nice looking deer. You must've hit this with your truck cause arrows only wound. Illegal pre season gun kill?

MilesTeg likes this.
  20. BDinPutnam

On topic- I saw a great 8 point on my way down the driveway yesterday at about 7:00. :banghead:

21. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .44 mag

Impossible by now it should be full of arrows and bolts and bleeding from its eyes and ass

Blimey, GOYABEAN and BDinPutnam like this.
  22. dubleuhb

dubleuhb 6.5 Creedmoor

Yeah the 2016 Silverado put him down quick .

pjzwtl and GOYABEAN like this.
  23. GOYABEAN

GOYABEAN .450/400 Nitro Ex

:headbang:built American tough :salute:

24. pjzwtl

pjzwtl .44 mag

I’m getting sick and tired of you Chevy hunters getting first crack at the big ones. Chevy season should be pushed back to January after Ford season ends.

Blimey, GOYABEAN and MilesTeg like this.
  25. GOYABEAN

Excuse me haven't you learned alphabet yet c before f o_O

pjzwtl likes this.
  26. BDinPutnam

Fuck you both.

I have a Toyota.

:mad:

Twogunwilly, pjzwtl and GOYABEAN like this.
  27. GOYABEAN

But is it a prius :ROFL:that's only for small game hunting :rolleyes:

pjzwtl and BDinPutnam like this.
  28. BDinPutnam

It's a 4 runner. For 4 pointers. I make it my rule to only kill young bucks and pregnant does with it.

pjzwtl and GOYABEAN like this.
  29. Shadow rider

Shadow rider .357 mag

"No one needs 8 cylinders to kill a de-ah!!!"

knuts, BDinPutnam and GOYABEAN like this.
  30. whauburger

whauburger .223 Rem

Well I took off today and went out this am. Had a strange encounter. Was ground hunting with one of them wounding sticks and spotted a spike about 50 yards ahead of me. I took a knee to ponder my plan of attack as there was some thick stuff as well as a stream with lots of mud between us. He took a step or 2 so I got up and advanced a few steps to try and find my best route to close some distance. There were squirrels and chipmunks galore so I was ignoring the rustling all around and focusing on the deer. I got a couple more steps in. Hearing more rustling something to my right caught my attention. It was a coon about 8 yards away with another right behind it. It looked up at me right as it took another step towards me and realized it had no idea what I was but did not like me. It snarled and turned to scurry off, startling the spike and leaving me as just another jerk who edge a ma cakes deer and ruining some gun toting fellas year.